The day after Elizabeth left I was dealing with the post visit blues when my brother Danny gave me a call. After a few minutes of chit chat he asked what I was up to. I had important things on my agenda. I was finally getting some pictures hung that I had intended to hang before Elizabeth's visit. He shared that he was in Canton, Ohio at the Football Hall of Fame and was planning on heading my direction and visiting for a few days. Yeah, nothing like a visit from my baby brother to cheer me up.
I love how spontaneous Danny is and I love even more that he would drive hundreds of miles to see me, for no reason at all. We don't have Disney, we don't have the big city, we don't really have much at all. I really, really, really appreciate his visit. It's great to be loved. He gave up seeing his Cubs play the Pirates to spend extra time with us. We didn't have to entertain or sight see. We were just able to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment