They had a nice night hike where the girls collected mason jar lanterns as we walked through the woods. Each lantern had a scripture or quote associated with light.
Luckily I slept near the stove.
Everything went quite smoothly until it was time to go home. We were the only ones who hadn't gotten lost getting to the camp so I felt quite confident that we would also get home just fine. Matt always prepares maps for me which is a blessing. I've learned you can't always rely on your phone's GPS in PA. Too many times I have found myself without a signal.
As I was pulling away from the camp I picked the wrong road. We were in the middle of the woods and everything looked the same. I was sure I was heading down the right road. I was very, very wrong. I quickly found myself bottomed out in the mud, absolutely stuck. The only male, with the only truck had left just minutes before. It took all of us to get me unstuck and in the process several people including the stake camp director (who was wearing a very nice ski jacket) ended up covered in mud.
Many lessons learned and one great life lesson to share in a talk.





No comments:
Post a Comment