Sunday, June 28, 2009

Families Are Forever

We went to a funeral yesterday of a man we never met, but his brother and his wife were in our temple class and his mom is our Sunday School teacher. Todd was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in April and passed away last Thursday. He called his family together last Sunday and told them he regretted not taking them to the temple to be sealed. (I'm not sure if his wife is a member or not.) He had always planned to come back to the church, knew it was true, but never imagined his life would end so soon.

Todd was the oldest of 13. His brother shared some thoughts at the funeral. They grew up on the farm where their parents still live. When they would get in trouble their father would assign them a certain number of laps and they would have to run around the house holding hands and shouting "I love my brother". He shared how they would run as fast as they could, cut out a few laps if they could, and hope that know one heard them as they yelled. He went on to speak for about ten minutes and then in closing said, "If I had to do it over again, I would run slower, hold tighter and yell louder 'I love my brother'".


I Love My Brothers and Sisters! I don't want there to be any empty seats.
I love you all - Kari, Kami, Danny, Kris, Kaleo, Kandyce, Kati, Darci, and Kermit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kenna! That was very touching! I hope you guys are well.

The McGraths said...

We a nice tribute to his brother.

I'm glad you have a blog. Hope you are doing well!