A few weeks ago we decided to stop by the pet store after dinner so Hannah could "look" at the puppies. We have been thinking about getting a dog when the right one came along. Matt had some very definite ideas on what kind of dog he wanted. We all like labs, but don't have enough room or yard for a big dog. Matt wanted a miniature beagle and our friends have a beagle Jack Russell mix that is just the right size and has a great temperament. Well anyway, the pet store happened to have a Boston Terrier/Beagle mix. We were informed that this was a hybrid and not and accident.
This breed is known as a Boglin Terrier or Boggle.
This breed is known as a Boglin Terrier or Boggle.
Always a big mistake to take a puppy into the play area when you are just "looking". They are trained to steal your heart and untie your shoe laces. After a few minutes with Lucy I made the mistake of making the comment that she would be momma's dog. Matt say's that was the closer.
I really wasn't looking for a dog.
I really wasn't looking for a dog.
We gave the dog back, sanitized our hands and headed for the car. In the car I was ambushed. Before it was over we had called Elizabeth in Utah (then it was three to one), said a prayer, had Hannah in tears insisting this was the one, returned to the pet store and for a king's ransom bought a puppy.
What a cute, cuddly thing. Hannah is obviously happy.
Lucy loves her too. She looks for Hannah during the day when Hannah is at school.
Lucy loves her too. She looks for Hannah during the day when Hannah is at school.
Matt has a shadow. Lucy already knows who to go to for the good food. She goes crazy when she hears the garage door open when Matt gets home from work and whines for him during the day when he's at work.
She really is a pretty thing.
Lucy loves to lay in the sun by the front door
and check out the neighborhood.
Lucy is a great frisbee dog although the frisbee is as big as she is. She loves to chase and retrieve, she has even caught a few on the fly. She hasn't quite figured out that she needs to let go so we can throw it again. Matt discovered that with any kind of fetch game we have to have more than one thing to toss so Lucy will let go of one when she goes to fetch the other. I just need to learn to make sure she has actually dropped the object in her mouth before I toss the next item. Lucy gets quite frustrated when she stands on the frisbee and can't pick it up.
I know I shouldn't find it so entertaining.
I know I shouldn't find it so entertaining.
I thought it would be a great idea to get a picture of Lucy with the tulips. She thought it would be a great idea to eat the tulips.
We are potty training Lucy. I don't want to jinx myself, but we haven't had an accident inside all day. As long as I read the signals and am willing to drop whatever I'm doing she does quite well. Yesterday when Hannah was getting ready for school she found this message waiting for her in the bathroom.
"Right this way."
"Right this way."
4 comments:
That is so funny!! What a cute puppy! A Boggle! I've heard of the hybrids...have you ever seen the Puggle? ADORABLE!! Have fun with your '3rd child'!!
I can't wait to meet Miss Lucy! She is super cute! She's going to love me most I think!
P.S. I love the picture of poop!
cute dog Kenna - still miss you guys! Glad your happy and doing well.
That is one cute dog.
Post a Comment