My brother Danny is visiting us for a few days. Danny is a big Cubs fan so we had to go to PNC Park and watch the Pirates vs the Cubs today. We started and ended with a little rain, but we weren't sweet enough to melt. Unfortunately Matt had to work. We wish we could have shared the day with him. It's always funner and more of an adventure when he is around.
It was fun to see the park up close. We've driven by it many times and see it on TV all the time. It really is a nice park. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. We were in the infield box just a few rows up from third base. Fantastic seats.
I love to see the city in the background. Pittsburgh has a nice skyline.
(There is a building just a little left of center that is my building.
Of the ten kids in my family eight of us are K.L. Gates.
They have a building just for us.. Pretty cool!)
Since it was Memorial Day those who have fought for our freedom were honored. I always get choked up when I hear the National Anthem and see the Stars and Stripes. The girls that sang did a great job. I am grateful for those who showed proper reverence and was saddened by how many did not. This is a great country and we shouldn't take it for granted. Thanks to all who keep us free!
1 comment:
The National Anthem always gets me, too, Kenna. I called my Dad today, as I do most Memorial Days, and thanked him for serving his country in the Marines many years ago. Have fun with your brother. I remember Kermit and and the other K that I can't spell but don't have any recollection of Danny. Cool about the building, too! We got to see Rick and Tracy this past weekend because of David Graham's wedding. It reminded me of all the good times we spent together and made me miss you guys. I'm glad life is good!
Post a Comment