Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Crack of Dawn

Tuesday morning we all got to get up at 4am so Hannah and I could fly to Utah.  We will have an old fashioned summer vacation complete with a family reunion and road trip.  We'll do our best to keep you posted.

Unfortunately (or quite fortunately for we are very grateful to have work), Matt isn't able to have anytime off during the construction that is going on for his current project.  He did get us safely to the airport and then had to head for work.  (He gets to attend a pre-construction meeting for work at 6:30 am, six days a week.)

Hannah was able to snap this picture as we pulled back from the gate.  It's not everyone who gets to see the crack of dawn.

We breakfasted in Chicago and enjoyed watching this group of Jewish men and boys doing their morning prayers.  We recently discussed some of the Jewish traditions in Sunday School so I was able to share a bit of what I know with Hannah.

Before we left home Matt asked Hannah to look for God's hand in our trip and in everything we do.  I thought these Jewish brothers were a reminder to us to live what we believe and know that Heavenly Father is aware.


We were able to see the Shamu plane. I caught just a bit by the time I got my camera out.  We flew on it once from Omaha to Orlando.  We like anything that reminds us of Florida.

I had forgotten that flying into the mountains was a new experience for Hannah.  She was quite amazed.  It will always take my breath away.  She loves to drive through the hilly, windy roads in PA.  Hopefully she will enjoy driving through the mountains we will get to on this trip.

(Both Elizabeth and Hannah are critiquing my typing and blogging and anxiously waiting for me to finish so we can head off to our next adventure.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sam's in the same boat as Matt right now except for the 6:30 a.m. meetings! Enjoy your time with your daughters and family. Take some pics of those mountains for me!