Sunday, August 22, 2010

Barbies Band to the Basement and Back to Blogging

I had the best of attentions on vacation.  I thought I would blog on the way as we had our road trip and amazing vacation.  In Yellowstone and other points of interest we had little or no cell coverage and my mom's computer could only be used for business purposes.  We had planned on being in Nebraska almost a week, but we had so much to see between Idaho and Nebraska that our road trip lengthened and lengthened and lengthened.  By the time we made it to Nebraska we were down to 36 hours to departure and our return home.

When I returned home I was overwhelmed by the almost 3000 pictures that were taken on vacation, all the memories and experiences.  I had to step back a bit.  School starts in a week (later than we're used to.)  We have been blessed with a great summer and hopefully once school starts I'll be able to share some of our trip and the wonderful country we were able to see up close and personal. 

Until then, I'll share some more current happenings.

We are trying to make the most of what little of summer we have left.  I was a bit surprised when Hannah asked me to help in her room on Friday.  I wasn't prepared when she announced she no longer wanted to share her room with Barbie and Polly.  I know she's growing up, but I wasn't quite ready.  The sting was lessened a little when she announced her plan to move them to the garage.  Out of her room, but no out of her life.  She wants them close enough to play with when her friends come to play.

It was one of those projects that was a lot funner in the beginning and we were over after hour four, but we persevered.  Barbies found a new home, the room was rearranged (always a challenge due to the eight cases of wheat we store under Hannah's bed) and now all we need to do tomorrow is put the clean clothes away.


2 comments:

Chad and Elizabeth said...

looks good but isn't hannah's bed covering the closet? Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey! Great to have you back! Share some of those great landscape pics with me, okay?!!