Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's a Spring Thing

I love Spring.  Everything coming to life, all the new babies.  We were witness to this special crossing last week.  When the momma got to the other side of the street not all the babies were able to hop the curb.  We pulled into a parking lot and were ready to help and watched as three of the little ducklings started left up the street trying to jump up the curb as they went.  Just a few feet to the right was a golf cart crossing with no curb.  We were ready to run to their aid if needed, but they listened to their momma, turned around and eventually made it to the spot without the curb. 

Lesson #1 - Always listen to your momma.  All our ducklings will do just fine if they'll just listen.


My littlest duckling isn't so little.  She is counting down to the day she'll turn 12.  We are down to 35 days.  I can't wait for her to be in YW with me.  We have our Camp Kick Off Saturday and New Beginnings in about two weeks.  (Most of out Beehives have summer birthdays so we are having New Beginnings in May.)  She wanted to be measured today.  She's 5'6".  One inch and she'll be as tall as the momma.  She's already beat her sister by and inch or two.

Hannah had fun making Easter chocolate lollipops and decorating eggs.  She asked me to pass on the the Easter Bunny that she'd rather have I-Tunes gift cards than a chocolate bunny. Message delivered.  I think I saw an I-Tunes card or two in her basket.

No comments: