Sunday, May 8, 2011

Oh, Happy Day!

I sure got the royal treatment today.  No breakfast in bed, but that's because I slept in and got up thirty minutes before we needed to leave for church. Matt did fix me lunch and is now fixing me some of my favorites, bruschetta and fresh fettuccine.  Smells amazing.


Matt was gone for hours yesterday and I later found out it was because he was getting the oil changed and other preventive maintenance done on my car. It even had a much needed trip through the car wash and a vacuum.   He was also busy buying me much needed chocolate for my almost depleted chocolate stash.  I also received several gift cards to help with my patio garden I'm just beginning, a framed portrait of the girls, and instead of flowers, a rose bush.  I think he thought this was December 25th instead of May 8th.




Hannah wrote me a very thoughtful note in my mother's day card.  It's one that will be saved forever. She is so grown up.  Her card was quite appropriate. She always has something to say about my outfit of choice.  Occasionally she approves and I must admit she has helped me come up with several ensembles that I feel quite good in and would have never put together on my own.

Hannah, thanks for the tea.   I can't wait to sneak a quiet moment to enjoy it!


Elizabeth is working on something crafty that she'll send soon.  I like it when the good things in life are prolonged.  We'll video chat in a little while.  I love technology.

I also talked to the my mom and Matt's mom.  Where would I be without them?  They have taught me so much and their examples are invaluable to me.  I love you both tons!

Happy Mother's Day to all my sisters and friends!  You all help me be a better mom.

No comments: