Thursday, November 3, 2011

Jack is back, but what the heck



So once again Matt out did himself in the Jack-O-Lantern design department.  This cute guy was a few days in development, but was well worth the wait.  You never know what Matt is going to come up with.  I think he has to get to know his subject and like any great sculpture once he does he is able to release the image waiting within.  Jack was even more impressive up close and personal.

I don't know if you can tell, but Jack forgot to brush and floss.  His teeth where a bit gross by 11/1.


What the heck. . . Is snow permitted before Halloween.  Ready or not here it comes.

So the Friday before Halloween Matt mentioned that we were due for some rain and perhaps a few flakes overnight.  It shouldn't amount to much and if it did snow we probably would never know by the time we got up.  Wrong. . .  this what the world liked like Saturday morning.  Not quite a wintery wonderland, but close.





Let me introduce you to Jack's cousin Jaque.


I'm not sure what Trick-or-treating was like in Florida, but as I sloshed through the rain with frozen fingers, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible (poor Hannah will probably never be old enough to Trick-Or-Treat without a chaperone, and for the record all of her friends that we ran into also had adult company along for the trek) I pictured my friends gathering at the McKinney's in Ocala wearing short sleeves and shorts.  I was trying not to miss my friends and the way it used to be in Florida, but I must admit I had a few nostalgic moments and missed the good ole days for just a bit. For the record life is good and I wouldn't change it for the world.





Thanks to Oma Lucy was one styling pup.  Amazingly she left her costume on until we took it off.  Isn't she cute as a bug!



No comments: