In the past we had taken Highway 30 to the turnpike. It is only about 30 miles, but do to the windy, steep mountainous road it takes about an hour, what to me seems like the longest hour ever. It's intense driving. Someone Matt works with mentioned taking 997 to a different entrance to the turnpike. I decided to give it a try. The drive that was previously a dread became an absolute pleasure. Instead of mountains and constant twists and turns I had rolling hills and amazing vistas, a few little towns that I'll have to go back and visit. The trip was 20 miles longer, but only took five minutes more. It was so much more enjoyable. I don't know if it's the road less traveled, but I learned shorter and quicker does not equal better.
I knew that there were Amish in Lancaster a few hours a way, but I was surprised to see one driving a head of me just 15 miles from where we live. It was surreal. I passed an Amish family walking at the side of the road and I wanted to take pictures, but felt that would be rude. The scene is captured in my mind.
I love to take pictures. I'm not very good and most of my pictures are nothing special, but it brings me joy. Matt has threatened to get me a fancy camera for whatever the next holiday is, but I keep talking him out of it. I find joy in using Hannah's old Kodak Quick Share and now my phone. I don't want to have to over think the moment.
On our way to Somerset we passed so many scenes I wanted to capture. Hannah was in a hurry and we had a schedule to keep. I was so hoping things would look the same on the trip home. Isn't this amazing. These pictures don't do it justice.
.jpg)



.jpg)

1 comment:
I would love to visit that area! So pretty!
Post a Comment