Sunday, May 13, 2012

ih-pif-uh-nee

e·piph·a·ny

[ih-pif-uh-nee] 
noun, plural e·piph·a·nies.an appearance or manifestation, especially of a deity.

3. a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
Happy Mother's Day everyone!
We had a wonderful lesson in Relief Society on prayer today.  As I listened I reflected on a few special memories I have of prayers that have been offered in our family over the years. 
For years we have laughed when we remembered how at about three years old Elizabeth prayed for "Alvin, Simon and Theodore."  It wasn't until today that I finally got it.  Elizabeth loved to watch "The Chipmunk Adventure."  As a small child it must have been a bit scary to watch as  the Chipmunks went from adventure to adventure as they traveled the world in their hot air balloon.  There are hurricanes, wild natives in the jungle, a baby penguin that needs to be returned to its home in Antarctica, crooks and thieves and all kinds of peril.




Who wouldn't pray for the Chipmunks?  It probably sounds silly, but I really got choked up.  The faith and love of a small child.  When I put it into perspective, how much more it means.  It only took me 22 years or so to get it.  I'm still a work in progress and glad Heavenly Father helps me get it even if it takes awhile.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember that little girl! WOW, how time does fly! Hope you guys are good. Sam's still hashing things out in Illinois, coming home every two weeks. We're hoping to go and spend some time in July with him. Mercy, but I hate this separation garbage!
As you WELL know!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky