She's here!
We had a wonderful visit. One of the nice things about where we live is that there's not a whole lot that you feel like you have to go and do. There's no Disney, D.C. or Downtown. That doesn't mean that there's nothing to do. Every place has something unique to experience. It's just more low key around here. We were able to enjoy just being together.
Bizz brought us presents. a gator head for dad and best of all she passed on a gift to us from Oma.
A few weeks ago Matt had begun corresponding with Oma and asking if she would consider coming for Thanksgiving since we needed to share her this year with Judy and Morgan. We proposed that she come for Thanksgiving and stay until just before Christmas. We hadn't heard much and began to wonder if this just wasn't the time for her to come, however the answer is Yes! Yeah! We are so happy.
We went up to Chimney Rock to look over our little burg. Before too long we'll be able to see our home which is currently hidden by trees. Pennsylvania is so beautiful.
We visited a little grocery store that was way out in the country. We were like kid's in a candy store. They had so many interesting things. I bought three huge pots of mums that would retail over $30 somewhere else, but I got them for $3.99. They had a huge selection of bulk packaged baking goods and dry goods. We bought some of the most random things. Guava flavored oil, food coloring, granola, dried pineapple, bagel chips and a variety of other things. I wanted to get tapioca pearls, but I didn't need a life time supply and the black cocoa powder looked interesting, but I'll need to do some research before I get some.
We celebrated Elizabeth's birthday!!!!
It was a short trip, but much enjoyed and very appreciated. I always have a hard time with goodbyes. It was much easier this time because we have Oma's visit to look forward to and when Elizabeth left we only had 100 days until we get to go to Arizona for Christmas. We're already down to 88!
Lucy had a little gift for KiKi and Maybe.







1 comment:
Little Toot. That's a fun name! You girls are so pretty, I love the pics of you, Elizabeth and Hannah. I'm glad you guys got to see each other cuz I know Elizabeth was especially missing you during her move! :)
Post a Comment