Monday, December 8, 2014

The Writing on the Wall

Oma has been the chairman for her counties week of the family celebration for five years now.  She helped get the annual event started.  It began as part of her calling as the Public Relations Representative for her ward.  She takes her responsibility and calling to heart and has been a positive force for getting her ward to get involved in the community. Getting others excited and involved is an on going challenge and she does her best to keep the momentum that has been generated over the years going. She is an example of those that do. I hope that I will be as active and involved at 87.

We are limited to ways we can help, but we do what we can.  I've enjoyed learning how to maintain a website, create magazine ads, brochures and this year helping one of mom's visions come to fruition. She has wanted an area where inspirational quotes would be displayed on the wall as part of the Celebration that ends the week of the family.  Last year the young women in her ward  made many handwritten signs for which she was very grateful, but her vision was a bit grander.  She shared her idea with me and I got excited. She had different audiences she wanted to target. I went a little crazy, but here is what I created for the week of the family "Writing's on the Wall."

Oma collected most of the sayings and I added a few of my own.  I was able to include a few quotes that we are familiar with as Latter-Day Saints.  Matt showed a few people at work what I was working on and one of the women in the office asked for a copy of Pres. McKay's quote that "No other success can compensate for failure in the home." Doesn't hurt if a little missionary work was done while working on this project.

I was able to surprise Oma by including a few family pictures in the process. I was also able to include a few pictures that I've taken over the years although most are stock photos.

The square ones measured 11"x11".   The rectangle ones measure 11"x17".




















































No comments: