Things are a bit quite around here after all the excitement we've had lately. We were able to go to Nebraska for Thanksgiving, Oma spent most of December and the holidays with us, we went to Florida for a few days in January and the day after we returned we were blessed to have my parents come visit. (My sister Darci met us in Florida and came back to visit too.)
It's always nice to have my parents visit, but it was especially nice to have them this time. In Florida there was always the inclination to go to Disney, Universal, the beach, St Augustine or whatever. We enjoyed it, but always tried to make it the "perfect vacation." And although there is plenty to go and do here, we were under no pressure to do anything.
We talked, played games, watched lots of NetFlix and movies. We did make it to the Science Museum, Google (where our good friend Scott works), and a few other places. We talked my parents into staying a few extra days which was a good thing. The midwest was blanketed with an ice storm and they might have been stuck between here and there. And if they were going to be snowed in it might as well have been with us.
My mom claims not to like animals. I guess Lucy didn't get the memo.
I like to do Groupon when they have one I find interesting or think is an exceptional deal and a few weeks ago they had one for the Franktuary. I think I first heard about it on Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins or one of those Food Network Shows. Its a hot dog restaurant in a Catholic Church. It's only open from10-3, Monday thru Friday. It gave us a good excuse to go down town and see the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment