Friends taught us that the best way to get to DC is to take the train into town. After a 45 minute detour, due to my indecisiveness, not Hannah's navigating we made it to Shady Grove and caught the train. ( learned that it's not always a simple thing to go to the next exit and turn around when you missed your exit.)
The metro took us right downtown to the middle of the mall.
I thought you said we were going to the mall. . . I promise this will be fun!
Ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz.
Sun stone and china from Nauvoo.
The Berlin Wall.
Looks like a scene from a movie I once saw. Something about a night in the museum.
Monkey see, monkey do.
One of my favorite exhibits.
Nothing like chillin. It was soooooo hot and we must have walked ten miles.
I think we'll have to make it a tradition to visit when we go to DC. Peri Peri Chicken. . . delicious. We almost didn't make it, but dad (who had to work and couldn't come) did some research and found it was only about six blocks away from where we were. He helped head us in the right direction and we were on our way. So glad we went.
All too soon it was time to rewind and catch the train home.

No comments:
Post a Comment