Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What Would Summer Be Without Girl's Camp

 Our new stake, the Pennsylvania York Stake, has girl's camp the week after school gets out.  Our stake was the first to have camp at the recently purchased ElWaHo.  ElWaHo had been a Girl Scout Camp for many, many years.  The camp is a little rough, but has tons of potential and is being improved by those using it throughout the summer and in the future.  It is about 150 acres (I think).  Eight stakes went in together to purchase it. (It was also used for Trek in July.  Unfortunately Hannah was too young and will have to wait for four years before she'll be able to go.)

 Everyone is asked to pack their stuff in a large plastic tote.  Pretty good idea. 

I am currently serving in Relief Society, but took every opportunity I could to help at camp. I helped in the Craft Cabin, with the night hike and visited with Matt when the High Council went on Thursday night. Since the camp is only about 15 minutes from home, I was able to visit when I wanted, and head home for a shower and comfy bed.

Craft Cabin
 
Hannah's cabin.  The cabins slept about 8 to 10 girls and they camped as levels.


 Hannah's shower.
 Kitchen
 2nd year campers.  (Hannah is in the middle with the black hoodie.)


 Tree of life on Night Hike.

 Just the two of us. . .

 On Wednesday evening each ward gathered for a campfire with their bishop.





Camp is always the time for making new friends.


No comments: