Thursday, July 10, 2014

Food, Glorious Food!

I may not have brought many souvenirs back from Florida with me, but I'll be carrying this extra ten pounds around with me for awhile as a constant reminder of all the good food we had to eat, and it was good! Oma spent days cooking before we arrived.

 Corn chowder with shrimp and a little kick with a delicious summer salad.

 Pompano fish cooked in parchment with a shrimp sauce, sauteed asparagus and carrots.

Peanut soup and salad.

 Thai chili over rice with a fruit salad.

 I mentioned that I liked yellow cake with chocolate frosting so when we came home from the Keys one was waiting for me.  It was delicious, but we decided that the expensive "Cake Boss" cake mix is not worth the extra money.  It was pretty dense, but that didn't keep me from having more than my share of cake.

 A simple Sunday lunch Oma style.  We usually have PB&J or clean out the fridge.  She made chicken salad in an avocado with a homemade fruit cup.

 Oma made these amazing roasted vegetables that took hours and hours to cook. Delicious!

We were enjoying Oma's cooking so much we had Matt worried that we wouldn't go out for some of our favorite Florida foods Cuban Sandwiches and Cuban Steak Sandwiches.  He'd better get busy on the 6 Dozen guava pastries he had me bring home.




No comments: