We stayed on Marathon Key in the City of Key Colony Beach.
We spent hours and hours on the water. Atlantic here we come!
Home Sweet Home for our stay in the Keys.
The mighty fishers back from the sea with supper.
Typical afternoon thundershower. It could have lasted a bit longer and I wouldn't have minded.
We took the boat out several miles to Sombrero Reef. The water was crystal clear and the fish plentiful. (The day before we were snorkeling at Coffins Patch and swam with a shark. Some say it doesn't count since it was a nurse shark, but we can leave that little detail out in the future. I swam with a shark.)
Baby barracuda. I'd hate to meet his momma. (Nicole saw a five foot barracuda while diving at Sombrero Reef and decided she'd had enough for the day. They can be quite scary.)
They're hard to see, but the wild Iguanas were plentiful.
We were able to outrace this storm and made it home safely after a bit of a wild ride.
Our hosts Nicole and Morgan shared one of their Keys traditions with us and we all went to the Islamorada Fish Company for our last evening in the Keys. Picture perfect evening.
The drive home to Sebring was breathtaking. Florida is so beautiful. Most people probably think sand and palm trees, I think of the beautiful green fields and open spaces.















No comments:
Post a Comment