Aunt Eunice has been the primary caretaker of Uncle Tom for years now. Their daughters are quick to respond when the need arises, but the day to day care has been Aunt Eunice's responsibility. The constant giving is taking a toll and after a recent fall she found herself incapacitated and in bed, unable to care for herself or Uncle Tom. Aunt Margaret and Uncle Howard to the rescue!
There's nothing like seeing sisters care for each other. I watched as Aunt Margaret who is 90 and Oma who is 87 worry and watch over their younger sister. What a blessing they all are in my life. I was able to sit with them for an hour or so as they shared memories that had us laughing one minute and crying the next.
I saw the legacy of love in action as Aunt Eunice's daughters Karen and April took turns caring for their parents, filling the freezer with home cooked meals, doing what needed to be done while their own lives were put on hold.
I'm grateful to have these great women in my life.
Oma (Bette - 87) and Aunt Margaret (90)
What might have been.
Aunt Eunice, Aunt Margaret and Oma
(Karen found these is a gift shop.)



No comments:
Post a Comment