Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bloom Where you Are Planted

We can't help but miss the family and friends we left behind in Florida, but our lives have truly been blessed here. As I sat in church today and watched our new friends serve one another as the sacrament was passed and small acts of service were performed I counted my blessings and am grateful to be a part of this ward. I watched as one brother helped an elderly sister with an unsteady hand partake so she could renew sacred covenants, Matt was able to help a wheelchair bound brother do the same. I looked around the congregation with gratitude for so many who have extended love and friendship. As a mother my prayers have been answered as Hannah's life has been blessed with good friends and their families.

As testimonies were shared I reflected on my own. My life is blessed with the knowledge that Heavenly Father lives, He loves us and blesses us. He wants the very best for us and sometimes that means we are tried and tested so that we can become better and grow to be as He is. Prayers are heard and answered.

As we are given new opportunities to serve hopefully we can give our very best and be a part of what makes this ward a great ward. Let us bloom, grow and smile where we are planted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's one thing I miss on Fast Sundays...your testimony! Thanks for sharing it. Oh, and tell Matt he really doesn't need that big green egg for his good cooking although I can ONLY imagine how good that chicken must have tasted!! Enjoy your time together!!

Chad and Elizabeth said...

I miss you guys! I have also thought how big of a blessing that ward has been for you guys. Florida will always be home and we will always have family and friends we love there. However, sometimes I think we need a change of scenery so others can bless us and us to bless them as well. I can tell PA needed you guys and they have welcomed you with open arms and opened hearts. What a blessing the gospel of Jesus Christ is and how great is it to know the gospel is true in Florida, Penn., Utah, California and everywhere else in the world. I love you guys and can't wait to visit in a month!