What a blessing the Book of Mormon has been in our lives. We have learned that "wickedness never was happiness," "men are that they might have joy," and that many "tender mercies" await us all.
Hannah was excited assuming she would now be able to sleep in in the mornings. She was a bit disappointed when she learned that family scripture study will continue. We have a life of learning ahead of us.
Hannah used Elizabeth's seminary scriptures. We all enjoyed the colorful notes and markings. So even though Elizabeth is now with Chad across the country, she too was a part of our family scripture study. I bet she never realized that she would be helping her sister appreciate the scriptures as she marked and read the Book of Mormon during seminary.
I personally want to thank my mother who's love of the scriptures fired my own. She has read her scriptures every day for years. Many times I have walked in on her as she has been reading. Again as she visited with us this past week I watched as she faithfully studied every day.
Matt, thanks for keeping us going and helping our scripture reading go from sporadic, to habit, to what I hope will be a life long family tradition.
1 comment:
You have my deepest admiration; sincerely!
Best to all of you!
Post a Comment