Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas Fondue

A few weeks ago I was looking through the sales fliers and it seemed like everyone had Fondue Pots on sale. I remembered having fondue growing up and how much we had enjoyed going to the Melting Pot and other fondue restaurants over the years. Wouldn't it be fun to treat our family to fondue.

Four fondue pots later. . . We had both swiss and cheddar cheese and then oil to cook tempura steak, chicken, zuccini, broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and whatever else seemed good to fry. I can't even blame Matt for the overabundance this time. Everything sounded yummy so we fixed it all.

You can't hurry through fondue. We had a great time visiting and reminiscing. Cleanup was a bit much, but everyone pitched in. It was well worth it.

We had no room for desert. The girls enjoyed chocolate fondue Monday night while the guys skiied. We had strawberries, bananas, pineapple and kiwi with our chocolate. We enjoyed it while we watched Julie and Julia. Bon Apetit!

No comments: