Friday, January 1, 2010

Once There Was A Snowman

We are enjoying the snow more than I thought we would. Having the right clothes makes all the difference. Matt bought us all snowpants and we were able to get a great deal on boots last spring when we got here. I still have to remind Hannah to take the time to put everything on before she gets out in the cold.

Yesterday Chad engineered the building of our snowman. He's helped us all learn to enjoy the snow. Last week he built a great course for sledding and tubing. We had so much snow I thought I had time to get a picture later. I'll learn, snow does melt when it gets warm enough.

Monday we went tubing at Seven Springs Resort. Its about 80 miles from us. Matt had us out the door by about 7:15 am which was quite a feat. It was practically a blizzard and not great weather for carrying a camera around. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures. We had a blast. It was worth what we had to pay for the ride up the hill after tubing down. They had this moving sidewalk, like at the airport, going up the hill.

Matt, Chad and Morgan stayed and either skied or snowboarded. Matt called me throughout the day and kept me posted. He had an exceptionally great time. He had been a bit apprehensive, but it was like riding a bike. He soon felt at ease. It was almost midnight when the guys got home.

No comments: