Sunday, January 17, 2010

Go Hannah!

Hannah had us a little worried the other day. She came in the door after school and said she needed to talk to both Matt and I together. Hannah and I went up to Matt's office where he was working and as parents we braced ourselves for whatever news had her so serious. We were both quite relieved and proud when she announced that she will represent her class in the school spelling bee.

We have been practicing in the car and whenever. The only problem is, Matt and I don't always agree on the spelling of words we are trying to quiz her on. It might be better to have a dictionary handy. We might be hurting more than helping, but we are having fun.

Hannah has good instincts and does well when she follows her gut feeling.

1 comment:

Kasey Strong said...

Nice! Tell Hannah from one spelling bee champ (Marion County '97) to another, I couldn't be prouder of her. Let her know that sometimes people might one day give her a hard time about that, but to wear that badge with honor for it is one that not many people can claim. Spelling Bees are the bomb.