A few weeks ago Matt and I had the opportunity to attend the Columbus temple. We left after work on Friday and stayed the night in Columbus. We called Saturday morning for directions and who ever answered the phone asked someone else for the address. The person they asked must have misunderstood and thought they were being asked for their own address. We ended up at a very nice condo and I was trying not to stress out because we only had about 15 minutes until the session was supposed to start. Matt did his best to get me into the right frame of mind with the proper attitude. We got the right address, parked what seemed miles from the front door and made our way to the temple.
All we had to do was walk through the front door. Peace. What a blessing to be able to attend the temple. The session was full and they could have justified starting without us, but they waited. (We had made reservations, but they let standby in about ten minutes before the session starts.) We were able to do two sessions.
For a small temple they were very busy. It was exciting to see. I did keep expecting to see a familiar face. I always loved going to the temple in Orlando because I would see friends from all over. I didn't know everyone, but most of the workers were familiar. It was comforting. It was a bit strange in Columbus. It was wonderful to be there with Matt.
We are always trying out new restruants. Matt had a list of a few for us to try out in Columbus. We had reservations at The Columbus Fish Market, but arrived in town too late. Our backup was Schmidt's. It is a German buffet that we have seen a few times on the food network. Matt had the buffet and I had Sauerbratten. We took dessert to go and ate them in our hotel room as we watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Everything was yummy.
Another tender mercy. When we arrived back at the car after dinner, Matt's cell phone was lying in the snow. It had fallen out of his pocket. We were in a busy neighborhood. It is a miracle that it wasn't run over or picked up by someone. If we would have lost it we would have been clueless as to where or when.
1 comment:
I love to see the Temple! We were able to go to the Mount Timpanogos Temple yesterday. Such a blessing! Can't wait to go as a whole family again!
Post a Comment