How bad is it to forget to take pictures on the first day of school? I managed to do quite well for almost twenty years. Made it through thirteen years of firsts with Elizabeth and six with Hannah. Somehow it got past me this year. Hopefully it counts if pictures are taken in the first week. I don't think she grew much in the five days I missed.
Maybe I was in denial. The summer was fantastic and I wasn't ready for it to end. I know there is a time and a season for all things, but I've never been one to jump up and down and get all excited when school starts.
I enjoy being with my family.
Can she really be eleven? I've been transferring our VHS tapes to DVD. It seems like Elizabeth was three last week. I got choked up at her 5th grade graduation just like I did the first time she took her final walk through the halls of South Ocala Elementary. Hannah thought that was pretty amusing. Someday she might understand that at that time my baby was growing up so fast and I didn't know I would have another baby to watch grow up.
Hannah has a serious soul and is very sensitive. All grown-up and a little girl in a mixed package.
Well whether I'm ready or not, sixth grade here we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment