Sunday, October 31, 2010

Jack Is Back

 I don't know about you, but I feel like we celebrated Halloween two weeks ago.  This year absolutely flew by.
 But when Hannah and I returned from shopping yesterday, Jack was back!

 Matt does a great job with Jack each year.

 Hannah was an 80's Zombie.  I think the zombie theme was in for 6th graders this year. The 80's twist because she liked the bright colors and wanted to wear a wig. We had fun making her skirt and it's always fun to put on makeup and be a little crazy.

(We bought the wig a few weeks ago on my weekly freebate run to CVS.  Hannah put it on before we went into the house.  At first glance Matt thought we had brought a friend home with us.  When he realized it was Hannah, you should have seen his face. He was doing his best to be calm, cool and collected.  He was quite relieved when he realized Hannah hadn't had her hair cut and colored.  Sometimes it's good to get good ole dad.  It's was even better because we weren't even trying. I wish I would have gotten pics of him last night when he put it on before going to tuck Hannah in,  we've gotten used to him with his shrinking hair. If they ever do a Monkey's Revival watch out Peter Tork.)

 Halloween wouldn't be the same without caramel apples.  They were awesome!  We made them at Hannah's Halloween sleepover Friday night.  We didn't think we would be able to trick or treat since Halloween was on Sunday, so we had a little fun of our own.

We were surprised and excited when last week's paper listed our township as the only one in the area that would have Saturday trick or treating.  Yeah!  a party and trick or treating.

Others wished that their townships would have also scheduled for Saturday instead of Sunday, not because of the Sabbath, but because the Steelers had a game.  Go figure, Go Steelers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you again! I like Matt's 'Jack'! The guy is pretty versatile, isn't he!!