Before Christmas we started talking about having Oma help us
redecorate Hannah's bedroom. It was time for a updo. When we moved in
Hannah's room came with flower decals that were cute, but a little
young.
The fix for the flowers was to totally cover the walls with posters and pictures. It was a typical teenage bedroom, a bit crazy and chaotic. A fun place to hang out, but a bit overwhelming.
The holidays came and went and with all the celebrating we did, we never did get around to Hannah's room. Oma and Hannah discussed some ideas, tossed around a few themes but we didn't make it past that.
One day a few weeks ago Hannah asked for help taking all the posters off her wall. After taking the posters down we rearranged the furniture and then we were off to shop for artwork and accessories. Hannah had decided that Paris, London or bridges would be good themes. Who knew that it would be so easy to find just what we needed in black and pink to go with her room. It's still a work in progress, but is coming together quite nicely.
What a transformation. The room that was sickingly pepto-bismal pink, became quite classy and it seems twice as big.
It's tough to do a 360° in a bedroom, but here's my attempt.
Here's the artwork I created for Hannah's room. I took some of Hannah's favorite quotes and this years YW theme, found pictures I thought went along with the quote and I was off to the computer. I really enjoy creating picture quotes. It's fun combining thoughts, pictures, fonts and colors.
No comments:
Post a Comment