Arlington National Cemetery
A few days after Christmas we had a D.C. day. We began our day with a stop at Arlington National Cemetery. It was my second visit to Arlington Cemetery. My first visit was back when I was a senior in High School. Both visits were very spiritual. I'm very patriotic and can easily get choked up. I truly felt I was treading on hallowed ground and then I was blessed with a most sacred experience.
While we were at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier I noticed some activity off to one side of the cemetery. I wasn't able to get anyone elses attention so I went off on my own for a few moments. I saw a funeral procession which included a horse drawn hearse. All those grave markers suddenly represented very real individuals who had made the ultimate sacrifice, who had been laid to rest by families and loved ones. I felt privileged to be able to witness such a scene. I prayed that those grieving family members had a faith and hope in the eternal nature of families. I hoped that they knew that I was grateful for the service that was rendered.
We all were able to experience the missing man fly by. I wish I would have realized what was happening sooner. What an amazing thing to experience in the National Cemetery.
The Kennedy's.
Kati, Chad, Elizabeth and Hannah.
Chad, Elizabeth, Kenna and Hannah.
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Missing Man Formation.


No comments:
Post a Comment