Friday, January 16, 2015

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

It's hard to believe, but December 1st Matt and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary. 30 years sounds like a really long time. I find it hard to believe I'm old enough to have been married for 30 years. I'm capable of doing the math, but it just doesn't add up.

I went by Matt's office one day around our anniversary and Julie, the girl who runs the title department, shared something with me that put a tear in my eye and a smile on my face. One day Matt was sharing with them the story of how we met and a bit of our crazy courtship. She said he got a bit emotional and choked up himself when he was sharing.

We were able to do dinner and a movie, but in true Prine tradition we don't just celebrate specific dates, we celebrate seasons.  December was our anniversary month and we enjoyed celebrating with family and friends all month long.


On December 5th we celebrated at the Blairmont Club where Matt's office Christmas Party was held. It's right behind our house and we've always been curious about it, but since it's a private club we'd never been. It was nice to enjoy a nice evening where someone else picked up the tab. I won the first door prize, the Christmas Unscramble the Christmas Carol Game and I was the next to the last person to pick during the Chinese Gift exchange. It looked like I'd be be going home with an armload, but one by one my gifts found they're way to someone who wanted it or needed it a bit more than I. It started when someone was nice enough to "steal" an inappropriate game that Matt had chosen during the Chinese Gift Exchange so he wouldn't have to have it and it only seemed right to continue in the spirit of doing for others.



The Blairmont Club was pretty nice inside. You'll have to take my word for it since I was a bit out of my comfort zone at the party so I forgot to take pictures once I got inside.

I'm not sure exactly how it got started, but someone thought my name was Gladys so everyone started calling me Gladys. I had to put a stop to it when the real Gladys (someone elses + one) came up to me and was so excited because she didn't meet other Gladyses very often.

No comments: