Thursday, November 15, 2012

You've Been Boo'd

About a week before Halloween we were Boo'd.  It was fun to open the door and find yummy treats and decorations.  I had noticed the notes appearing on the neighbors doors one by one and wondered if we'd get a turn.  We have a family from church who often share treats with us and Matt thought they might be from them, but not this time.

Hurricane prep distracted us so we were a bit slow in passing it on so we Boo'd four families instead of one.  Hopefully each of them passed in on multiplying the fun.

What we received

What we shared.


It was fun to watch Matt attempting to leave the treats.  The first home he was caught and we found out they had already been Boo'd, although the ghost in their window was different.  They suggested we share with someone else.  The second home all of the outdoor motion sensor lights popped on.  I think he was able to leave it undetected.  He was successful at the third home, although the fact that our new neighbor is a police man had him a bit nervous about ringing the bell and running.  The third home was a cinch.  They were upstairs.  Easy escape.  At our final delivery the man was working at a computer in the room next to the front door with the curtains open even though it was after dark.  I was watching from the safety of my living room and was to give Matt the all clear signal by turning on our foyer light.  I gave him the all clear and about peed my pants as Matt went for the doorbell and the lady of the house decided to walk into the kitchen.  There were two people inside within feet of the front door.  I know we had way more fun than anyone who received our gifts.  It's fun to walk or run on the wild side occasionally.

P.S. I got most of our treats on sale at Michaels and tried not to care to much that they were on sale for 80% off just a few days later.  I did buy a few things for next year.  I'll probably misplace them between now and then, oh well.

1 comment:

Danice G said...

Very nice! Thank you for following my blog. I have tried like 30 times to follow your blog, but GFC won't let me. I will keep trying.... :)