Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chicago and Kansas in Virginia

Last Saturday evening we drove from Pa into MD through DC into Virginia to see the band Chicago with our friends the Peiffers.  Joan loves Chicago and this was about her 6th concert. (They once saw the Broadway Musical Chicago by mistake,) We had a great time.  On the way we shared some music trivia and played stump the chump.  You'd think I'd do a lot better after being married to Matt for almost 28 years, but I stink at remembering who sang what when.  It was fun to see Matt and Lynn go back and forth.

The concert was part of a Freedom Festival in conjunction with Veteran's Day.  I'm as patriotic as they come and it doesn't take much to put a tear in my eyes and a lump in my throat.  I enjoyed the special color guard and the honoring of our troops.



 I only knew about three of the Kansas songs, but thoroughly enjoyed Chicago.  It was quite entertaining to see men, some who are almost 70 trying to move as young rock stars.  At times their moves made me laugh, the trombonist was especially entertaining.






No comments: