back·log
ˈbakˌlôg,-ˌläg/
noun
noun: backlog; plural noun: backlogs
- an accumulation of something, especially uncompleted work or matters that need to be dealt with."the company took on extra staff to clear the backlog of work"
synonyms: accumulation, logjam, pileup, pile, mountain; More It's been quite a year. I haven't been able to fully synch myself with life. We've moved twice in the last year which wouldn't be so bad if we lived like nomads. We spent almost 25 years in Ocala, many of them in the same home. Once we started moving we just kept on going. I feel like we're a snowball that has gathered speed and a whole lot of baggage as time goes by. We left Ocala with one Penske truck and by the time we left Cannonsburg we needed two and with each move the trucks are packed a little tighter and the cars a lot fuller. No matter how many yard sales we have had and how much we give away, our stuff seems to multiply and at times I feel almost consumed by it.
We went from almost 25 years in Ocala, to 3 years in Cannonsburg, to 1 and a half years in Chambersburg, to 7 months in Pittsburgh and now we've been in Hollidaysburg for 7 months and I sure hope we can stay put for awhile. I'm almost afraid to actually put that last comment in writing for fear it will jinx us and we'll find ourselves packing up and moving on again. (Have you noticed we seem to have a theme going. We tend to gravitate towards places that have "burg" in the name.)
Each move has come with its unique blessings and challenges. I am so grateful for the church and the ward families we have had wherever we've lived. I honestly don't know how people survive without the gospel and the benefit of instant friends and family in their lives.
I've been blessed to live in my dream home and in a home that seems to present us with a new challenge everyday. Regardless of where we live it's the friends we've made and the memories we're making that make life what it is. I see Heavenly Father's hand in our lives everyday.
For my benefit more than anyone else's I want to begin to blog events from the past year. I'm sure at times things may seem very random and will appear in no logical order, but as I reflect and remember I am reminded of Heavenly Father's tender mercies and I am better able to recognize how blessed I am. He is ever mindful of me and my family and for that I am truly grateful.
So, back to my backlog of blogs that have accumulated over the past year and have become a mountain of memories.

1 comment:
Hey, I'm catching my blog up on events too! And wow, way to move a zillion times! I hope you guys can stay put too. :)
Post a Comment