Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Phantom of the Opera is Here - or is he in Chicago

Our last move took place in February.  My sister Darci has been an amazing help with our moves.  She's great at helping my stay focused and organized and no matter how hard I try she can always outwork me.  As with all of our moves, I never  have as much time between point A and point B as I think I'm going to have.  We start out with the slow and steady approach which seems to quickly accelerate to the pull off the band-aid and get it done now approach.

When Darci came to help me in Pittsburgh, she already had a trip to Chicago planned to see "Phantom of the Opera" with my mom and sister Kati. Kati had an open invitation for everyone who wanted to go and I was tempted until our moving date went from March 31 to February 28 and the "Phantom of the Opera" tickets were for February 26th.

I dropped Hannah and Darci off at the airport at about 5:30 am. (Thank goodness we only lived 20 minutes from the airport. That's one thing I definitely miss about living where we did in Pittsburgh.) I picked them back up at about 11pm that same evening. Chicago is only about 45 minutes away thanks to Southwest!

I was bummed that I wasn't able to go, but I'm glad Hannah was able to have the experience. Thanks Aunt Kati and Aunt Darci for making it happen! What an amazing day trip.  Hannah was able to have her own version of plains, trays and automobiles. The only downside to the whole thing is it was way colder than freezing and Chicago lived up to its reputation as the windy city.






And yes I know I used the same picture in two collages, but it fit.

1 comment:

Kasey Strong said...

Just realized I posted a comment like 8 times (I kept thinking it wasn't working and now I'm pretty sure it was working everytime... oops sorry!) Anyway, look at your cute family! Hannah's so pretty too. I really like her hair dark. And I'm jealous that they got to see Phantom, how fun!