Tuesday, August 12, 2014

This Little Boy Had a Birthday

A few weeks ago Matt celebrated his birthday.  The people in his office went above and beyond trying to help him feel appreciated.  Monday when he arrived at work his office was decorated.  (I sense a theme here.)  The office was more than generous in their gift of Dick's gift cards.


I missed the pizza party they had for him Monday because I was taking Hannah to EFY in Loch Haven, but Tuesday I was invited to be part of the surprise when he was "kidnapped" from the office and taken to lunch. He had no idea where we were going, and somehow I got the wrong idea of where we were going, so it was a surprise for both of us.  We drove about 45 minutes to Bedford.

Most of his Right-A-Way Team met us in Bedford at the John Bonnet Tavern for a very nice lunch and a pile of presents. (Many of the presents involved chocolate, works for me!)


Later in the afternoon he was able to play golf with some friends from the office who weren't able to go to lunch with us. I think he had a wonderful birthday.

We are so grateful to be in a better situation.  Matt's work can be demanding, but so many days he'll ask me, "Have I told you how much I love my job!?"

No comments: