
Matt and I have been blessed with the opportunity to work on the Activities Committee together. The Ward Christmas Party was probably our last activity since we both have other callings now. In our ward it seems to be where those who are new, between callings or perhaps in
transition are placed. It has given us an opportunity to serve with and meet many wonderful people. We have been integrated into the ward quicker than perhaps we would have been otherwise. We were actually sustained to this calling before I even made it to Pennsylvania.

There are a few things that make working on the Activities Committee kind of nice after having callings that have been a bit more time intensive. This ward likes tradition. It makes sense to me that if someone in the past has taken time to make, for
instance, nice posters, backdrops etc. Why not use them. Nice posters have been created where it is quite easy to change the date and time.
Bamm, a little glue or tape, find the
easel, you're in business. The menu worked last year, let's do it again. I'm not opposed to mixing it up some, but we haven't been here long enough to rock the boat too much. Besides, we haven't had the same old activity before. It's all new to us. And it works. We always have a full house at our activities, even if the pews are a bit sparse on Sundays. The Washington Ward knows how to party.

I wish you could better see the Bethlehem backdrop. Marvelous.

Who's that shining star?

No Brother
Prine wasn't Santa, Santa just sounds
similar. I'm sure Brother
Prine is in the kitchen doing the dishes.
And no, I didn't lie to Hannah. When she asked who was going to play Santa, I
truthfully replied that Brother K. was in charge of that. He really did ask his son. It's not my fault that I failed to mention that Br. K.'s son declined.
P.S. Santa sure was cute and did a very nice job.
No comments:
Post a Comment