I love traditions and I'm grateful to friends who graciously share their traditions with us so that we can adopt them as ours.
In Ocala we had a friend D'on who made the most amazing caramel apples for Halloween. She used a secret family recipe that she was reluctant to share and understandably so. I was fortunate to receive the recipe in exchange promised to keep it a secret. I'm not sure how many apples she made each year, but I'm sure she made hundreds. We were blessed to be recipients for several years. We now live on opposite sides of the country and have made her apples for ourselves. I'm sure they're not as scrumpcious as hers, but they are mighty tasty.
We continue the tradition by sharing with friends and neighbors in the fall. Many we've shared with have declared that they are the best caramel apples they have ever tasted.
This year our list is over 200. We've shared about thirty so far. I'm not sure if we'll be able to share with everyone we'd like, but we'll give it our best shot.



1 comment:
OMGosh....I miss the Reid's caramel apples! These look just as delicious! I'll have to find a suitable recipe and they never would share it! Hope you guys are well. thanks for stopping by to say hello the other day!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky
Post a Comment