A week ago Monday we finished the family project between the fences. For some reason the toughest weeds and roots seemed to hit us at the end. I remember Matt making the comment, "This feels a lot like work." The closer we got to the end the longer it seemed to take. We were racing the rain and losing daylight at the end. It was already getting dark when I left Matt with the final finishing touches and headed to Lowes for the starter fertilizer. The first drops of rain began to fall as I drove out of the driveway. (Earlier today I was wondering why my right arm was sore. I think I'm still feeling the effects of Monday's project.)
We really wanted to finish in time to take advantage of the rain that was forecasted in the coming days. I hurried home with the fertilizer, Matt applied it, and then we went to dump the old fence posts and debris we had cleared. On the way home from the dump we raced to the feed store to buy straw. We pulled into the parking lot at 6:59pm, just in time to see the front door being locked. Our hearts sank and the exhaustion seemed to hit us hard, but our spirits were instantly lifted when the gentleman at the door saw us and unlocked the door and leaned out to see what we needed. Matt ran, or hustled, back to the car, grabbed his wallet and we were able to get what we needed. What a blessing. More than once I've had the experience where the door has been locked as I approached and it didn't matter if I need milk or medicine, the door remained locked. I said a prayer in my heart for the kindness of that man who let Matt in. We wanted to get the area mulched so the seeds would stay in place and the moisture would be maintained.
Each morning I check on the little green blades peeking through the straw. Matt has been giving the area lots of TLC.
Where's Lucy?
There she is!
"Hey guys, you missed one!"
Corner - Before
After
Matt's monument. Just of the few bizzillion rocks we unearthed.
October 7th
October 12th
October 13th








No comments:
Post a Comment